The Non-surgical Facelift
HIFU (High Intensity Focused Ultrasound) has become one of the most sought after lifting treatments for face and neck.
The FDA approved procedure was invented to create new collagen to help tighten, lift and give your skin a youthful glow. After treatment, you should see a noticeable improvement in fine lines, wrinkles, jowls and double chin.
Treatment at a glance
30 - 120 minutes
Back to work
14 - 21 days estimated
No. of treatments
1 - 2 treatments*
1 - 2 years*
Slight redness, swelling, tenderness
*Disclaimer – Results may vary from person to person
In the news
HIFU has quickly become a firm favourite amongst celebs, who are leaving the knife well alone. Jonathan Cheban trialled HIFU with Express watching. Whilst having the treatment he said, “It feels great. I honestly didn't know what to expect, you see machines and you get panicked. But it honestly feels amazing, it's just relaxing. I can't wait to see the results already. I'm anxious to jump up and look in the mirror.” After treatment he commented, "I've seen a lot of different machines but most don't work. It's great to find the ones that do work - I love brand new technology. I'm a real technology junkie - food and technology! When I heard about this I thought, 'Let's try it."*
HIFU targets the same layer of skin addressed in cosmetic surgery, penetrating the foundation layer of your skin. Instead of using lasers, which infiltrate the skin from the outside in, the HIFU facelift bypasses the surface of the skin, and delivers targeted energy specifically into the deep, structural tissues and muscles where collagen lives.
The HIFU treatment works by penetrating the skin with ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen production in the deep dermal and subdermal levels, resulting in micro injury to that tissue. As the tissue heals, it increases collagen. As these collagen fibres organise and shorten, a tightening effect should appear on the skin.
Your eyes should look more open, eyebrows more lifted, fine lines softened, and pores reduced. Due to its restored elasticity, your skin can feel softer, more supple, and more youthful. The HIFU facelift is the perfect alternative if you don’t want surgery.*
- Am I right for this treatment?
This treatment is recommended for both women and men aged 40+. We will not perform the treatment if you have open facial wounds or lesions, metal stents/implants in the face or neck (dental implants OK), implantable electrical devices, permanent dermal implants, anti-thrombosis therapy, an active systemic or skin disease which may hinder regeneration, or hemorrhagic disorders or dysfunctions. We are also not able to perform the procedure if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- How many treatments do I need?
For most clients, only one treatment is required, but additional treatments may be required to successfully treat advanced ageing. A second treatment can be performed 3 months after your first session.*
- Do I need to maintain the results?
Patients treated with HIFU should still have fresh, young collagen a year after treatment, however future touch up treatments can help keep pace with the ageing process, which varies by individual.
- Is HIFU safe?
Yes! HIFU is entirely safe and is the only FDA cleared non-surgical facelift treatment available. It is so safe, HIFU is even used medically to treat some cancers.
- When will I see results?
On average, 20% of your overall result should be seen immediately, and the remaining 80% should be seen within 6 months of treatment.*
- Is there any downtime?
No! HIFU is completely non-surgical, so you should be able to return to normal activities straight away.*
- Are there any side effects?
You may see a slight redness for up to a few hours following the treatment. A small percentage of clients may have slight swelling, tingling or tenderness to touch, but these are mild and should not last for long.*
- Does HIFU hurt?
HIFU should not cause major discomfort, but you may feel some discomfort, a warmth sensation or even a slight pain that lasts less than a few seconds and only during the pulsation cycle when ultrasound energy is being applied. This discomfort is usually very brief and a good sign that the collagen building process has begun!*